Testing requires a referral by your medical provider, therapist, or case worker/manager and will not be scheduled until the office has received the referral.
Dr. Heather Russell, PsyD is a Clinical Psychologist that provides neuropsychological testing services for children ages 3 and up and adults with complex symptoms and/or when other treatment interventions are unsuccessful. Testing can be very beneficial if an individual is having difficulty learning, remembering, following directions, complying with treatment recommendations or experiencing difficulty caring for themselves at an age-appropriate level. Testing is also useful if your child is not meeting developmental milestones and/or is having difficulty developing and maintaining appropriate social relationships.
What is the process for evaluations?
The testing process begins with a one hour interview with Dr. Heather Russell, PsyD and is required prior to the testing day. For patients under 18, this will be a parent interview and the doctors ask that you not bring your child to this appointment.
The testing day begins at 9:00 am regardless of age. You or your child are the only patient scheduled on your testing day. If for any reason you or your child are not able to attend, please provide as much notice as possible, so that other patients may have be notified to fill that appointment day.
- Patients who live outside the Anchorage/Mat-Su Valley, please contact the office for specific arrangements in completing this process in one trip.
- Patients can also bring snacks and something to drink.
- It is imperative that all patients, whether children or adults, get a good night’s rest and eat breakfast before arriving for testing.
- Parents, you must stay in the office while your child is testing.
- Test results are written in a formal report and take approximately 3 to 4 weeks to be completed.
- Agency referrals are accepted.
- Forensic evaluations must be initiated and paid through the agency or attorney requesting testing.